Supplier identification / responsible for content:This website is operated by Deutsche Grammophon GmbH. The company is legally represented by Frank Briegmann and Mark Wilkinson.
Responsible according to German press law: Rupert Wagg
VAT ID no.: DE 811210124
Registered office: Berlin; Amtsgericht Charlottenburg HRB 138012 B
Postal addressDeutsche Grammophon GmbH
Stralauer Allee 1
Tel.: +49 (0) 30 52007 07
Fax.: +49 (0) 30 52007 1799
This website has been created with the greatest possible care. Nevertheless, no guarantee can be made that the information it contains is free of errors and entirely accurate. We accept no liability for damages that arise directly or indirectly from the use of this website, insofar as these are not attributable to intention or gross negligence on our part. Deutsche Grammophon GmbH accepts no responsibility for the content of other websites operated by third parties linked from this website.
Responsible for content:
Deutsche Grammophon GmbH
Stralauer Allee 1
Where not otherwise stated, all brand names on this website are protected by copyright for the benefit of Deutsche Grammophon GmbH and/or the artists. This applies especially to the label names, logos and emblems.
Design and Programming:
Deutsche Grammophon Gesellschaft mbH is a Universal Music Company.
© 2015 Deutsche Grammophon GmbH
Data privacy notice
The following information is intended to inform you of our policy on data privacy. It explains how we protect personal data, how we use your personal data transmitted to us by services offered (e.g. newsletters or competitions), and how you can at any time revoke your permission for the use and storage of your personal data.
Our approach to data privacy
We take the protection of personal data very seriously and undertake to respect the privacy of everyone who uses our website. We are committed to handling the personal data of users of our website in accordance with applicable regulations on the protection of personal data, in particular the German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) and the German Telemedia Services Act (TMG).
What is personal data?
Personal data, as defined by the BDSG, is individual information relating to the personal and factual circumstances of a natural person: e.g., name, address, email address, username (nickname), telephone number, age, gender or areas of interest. We collect, process and use – with a defined purpose and with your permission – only the data that we require, e.g., to be able to register you as a myDG participant, newsletter subscriber or participant in a competition.
Do we pass on your personal data to third parties?
Categorically we use your personal data only within our company. However, for the development of some of our online services we also use other companies within our group and affiliated partner organisations. We ensure that we have obliged these companies to use your personal data only for specific purposes according to our instructions. Further processing or use of the data without your express permission is prohibited.
Cookies are small files that can be saved on a visitor’s computer when they visit a website. Cookies make visiting our website easier and help recognise you on your next visit. For example, cookies can serve to create user profiles. They help us to adapt the content of our website even better to your requirements. Our company’s cookies do not contain any information about you but simply an index number with no meaning outside our online presence. In addition, cookies cannot harm the visitor’s computer system. If you do not wish to benefit from cookies, you can deactivate – or re-activate – these with a simple procedure in your web browser.
Use of Facebook social plug-ins
Our website uses social plug-ins (“plug-ins”) from the social network platform Facebook, operated by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA (“Facebook”). The plug-ins are marked with a Facebook logo or the suffix “Facebook Social Plug-in”. When you visit one of our websites that includes one of these plug-ins, your browser creates a direct link to Facebook’s servers. The content of the plug-in is directly transmitted from Facebook to your browser and from here integrated into the website.
By integrating the plug-in, Facebook receives the information that you have visited one of our websites. If you are logged in to Facebook, Facebook can allocate your visit to your Facebook account. If you interact with the plug-in, for example by pressing the ‘like’ button or by making a comment, the corresponding information is transmitted from your browser directly to Facebook and saved there.
Use of Google Analytics and Google AdWords
The Google tracking codes of this website use the function _anonymizeIp(), so that IP addresses are further processed in only an abbreviated form, preventing them being directly linked to a particular individual. This applies within the member states of the European Union and in other signatories of the Agreement on the European Economic Area. The full IP address is transmitted to a Google server in the US and abbreviated there only in exceptional cases.
Google will use this information on behalf of Deutsche Grammophon GmbH to evaluate your use of Deutsche Grammophon websites, to generate reports about the website activities and to provide further services to Deutsche Grammophon GmbH associated with website and internet use. The IP addresses transmitted as part of Google Analytics from your browser are not added to other data from Google.
You can prevent cookies being saved in your browser software settings; please note, however, that doing so may prevent you from using all functions of this website in full. You can object to the sending of the data created by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) to Google and the processing of this data by Google by using a Google Browser-Plugins.To do this you must download and install the browser add-on available under the corresponding link. However, to make this change permanent your browser must accept cookies.
Declaration of data privacy for the use of Mouseflow
This website uses Mouseflow, a web analysis tool from Mouseflow ApS, Flaesketorvet 68, 1711 Copenhagen, Denmark, to record randomly selected individual visits (only with anonymized IP addresses). This creates a record of mouse movements and clicks with the intention of randomly playing back individual website visits, thus deriving potential improvements for the website. The information is anonymous and is not passed on. If you do not want this information recorded, you can deactivate this on all websites that use Mouseflow at the following link: www.mouseflow.de/opt-out.
Right to information
In accordance to the applicable law, we will, on request, inform you in writing whether (and if so, which) personal data about you we have stored. You may at any time revoke your permission to process and use your personal data in the future. You also have a right within the legal limits to have this data deleted, blocked or corrected. You may at any time request information about your personal data saved at Deutsche Grammophon GmbH via email at or via a written request sent to the following address:
Deutsche Grammophon GmbH
Stralauer Allee 1
General Terms and Conditions for Prize Draws
General Terms and Conditions for the prize draw promoted by:
Deutsche Grammophon Gesellschaft mbH
Stralauer Allee 1
10245 Berlin, Deutschland (hereinafter "the Label")
1. These General Terms and Conditions apply to the prize draw promoted by the Label on the websites of the Label and/or its legal affiliates.
2. To participate in the competition individuals must be over the age of 18 with full legal capacity. Representatives and employees of the Label and its legal affiliates, their first or second-degree relatives and relatives by marriage are ineligible to participate. Invalid participation will not give rise to entitlement to any prize. Entries made via competition or input services cannot be taken into account.
3. Each Participant must submit his/her entry under his/her own name. Prizes cannot be transferred to third parties.
4. The provision of compulsory and voluntary information required for participation in the competition, such as first and last names, address, age and/or email address and/or telephone number shall be handled by the Label in accordance with its statement of data protection and any additional declarations of consent provided. Eligibility for participation in the competition requires that where information is requested, all information submitted must be truthful. Otherwise, the Participant may be excluded from the competition, even at a later date.
5. Where there is a change in the law or legal interpretation or if there is a legal ban, the Label retains the right to exchange the published prize and to replace the prize with other prizes, to amend the relevant competition or to cancel the competition in its entirety. In such circumstances, prize-winners who have already been determined shall have no recourse against the Label or its legal affiliates.
6. Determination of prize-winners is made by the Label, its employees and agents or appointed third parties. In this respect the Label is not liable for simple negligence of these individuals during the prize-winner determination process.
7. If a Participant has won a prize, he/she will be notified in writing (in particular by email) or by telephone. If notification is made in writing, the prize-winner is required to inform the Label in the requested format within five (5) working days (valid once postmarked within this time) after receiving the notification whether he/she will accept the prize. If notification is made by telephone and the Label is unable to reach the prize-winner it will attempt to leave a message insofar as this is technically possible. The prize-winner is required to inform the Label in the requested format within three (3) working days (valid once postmarked within this time) after receiving the notification whether he/she will accept the prize. If these deadlines are not met, the Participant is no longer entitled to the prize. The Label in such case shall be entitled at its sole discretion to either not give the prize to anyone or to determine a new prize-winner and to award the prize to another participant. Claims by the original prize-winner against the Label are invalid.
8. Prizes are limited to the published specifications. For non-cash prizes, the Label will also be responsible for the postage of prizes. Any other services, such as the equipment necessary to use the prizes awarded or, in the case of a specified travel prize, any equipment which the winner may need for the trip or any travel needed to reach the point of departure or any costs incurred during the travel which in the definition of the prize are not listed as being part of the prize, are not included unless otherwise expressly stated in the prize draw rules. Accordingly, the Participant expressly accepts that any costs, expenses or other services incurred by him/her with respect to the prize (particularly with respect to travel) that are not included as part of the prize shall be for his/her own account. The Label furthermore accepts no liability for damages caused by the Participant or due to use of the prize and is hereby indemnified against all such claims from third parties.
9. No equivalent value in cash will be paid out for non-cash prizes.
10. If the Participant is in breach of any special competition rules or these Terms and Conditions, the Label is entitled at any time to exclude the Participant from the competition without prior notice.
11. No legal recourse is permitted.
12. If any provision of these General Terms and Conditions shall be invalid, the remaining provisions shall remain unaffected. The law of the Federal Republic of Germany is applicable. Where the Participant is resident outside the Federal Republic of Germany, it is hereby agreed that the express place of jurisdiction shall be the registered office of the Label.