Operas & Choral Works
Deutsche Grammophon presents the second and final volume of Ferenc Fricsay’s complete recordings for the label.
- Fricsay’s beloved Mozart Operas
- Bartók and Kodály interpretations that are still unaminously considered benchmark recordings today
- two readings of Verdi’s Messa da Requiem and Haydn’s Die Jahreszeiten
Each of these pairs was made over a span of many years, illuminating the stunning development that Fricsay achieved in his art from the early 1950s until his tragic early death.
- A powerful rendering of Wagner’s Der Fliegende Holländer
- Fricsay’s legendary Fidelio in glorious early stereo
- A bonus DVD presents rare footage of Fricsay rehearsing and performing Dukas’ The Sorcerer’s Apprentice as well as Kodály’s Háry János Suite
- The 124-page-booklet features extensive new liner notes by the renowned music writer and Fricsay aficionado Prof. Gottfried Kraus, as well as a long piece that Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau wrote on working with Fricsay in 1964 plus several rare photographs.
Browse all Operas & Choral Works
(Click on cover for details and audio excerpts)